Monday, March 23, 2015

Outline for Singing Time on 3-29

This is the last week before General Conference!  Given that, I decided to introduce the verse of "Follow the Prophet" about President Thomas S. Monson, found in the March 2010 issue of The Friend magazine here.

Art and lyrics for verses of "Follow the Prophet"


Junior Primary

Portrait of the First Presidency

"Did Jesus Really Live Again?" - v.2-put the posters in order; v.3-paper plates (Each child holds two, and they follow my fan-like movements.)

"Follow the Prophet" (p.110)- v. Pres. Monson-Inside Camera (I hold up a picture of the First Presidency and ask the children to study it carefully, taking a picture with their inside camera, while I sing the verse. Then, I hide the picture and ask a question or two about it--"How many people were there?" or "What color was Pres. Monson's tie?"--Repeat with a picture of the Quorum of the Twelve.)

"I Know That My Savior Loves Me"-ASL

Senior Primary


-Simon Says style activity in place of a wiggle song.  (I'll choose three or four action-based phrases, such as "The prophet says to help your mother when she asks you to pick up toys;" "The prophet says to pass the basketball to a classmate who always gets overlooked;" etc. I'll do the actions and wave for the children to imitate me.  Lead into the first song.)

"Follow the Prophet" (p.110)- v. Pres. Monson-Inside Camera

Envelope Game
"Did Jesus Really Live Again?" -v.2 -put the posters in order; v.3-Envelope Game (I type out the lyrics to the verse and cut them up into small phrases.  I place one whole lyrics set inside each envelope--preparing enough for every two children to share--pass envelopes out to teams of two, and sing the verse over and over while they unscramble the words.  This presents a mental challenge that is especially good for my older boys, who feel too cool for a lot of activities.)

"I Know That My Savior Loves Me"-ASL


Happy Singing!



No comments:

Post a Comment